Thursday, March 27, 2008

Preaching and Prayer

The week of Easter, from Palm Sunday through Easter Sunday, we had a week of preaching and prayer. I preached eight of the ten sermons while Ryan West, our director of Mercy Ministries at the church, preached two of the ten. We preached all week answering the question, "Why did Christ die?"

These sermons are available on the church's website http://www.redeemerbrunswick.com/. Each night from Monday through Saturday we would gather at 7:00 PM. I would lead the congregation in a hymn sung accapela, I would then pray and preach for thirty minutes or close to it. I would then sit down without anything else said and we would start praying. We prayed for repentance, reform, renewal, and awakening in His church. We prayed for the spread of the gospel in our community and around the world. It was a great way to spend Easter week around the cross of Christ in preaching and prayer.

I found it difficult to preach every night and I grew tired by the end of the week, but I found the strength of Christ in my weakness and I gloried in His grace which enabled me to press on. I look forward to doing this again next year, if the Lord wills.

1 comment:

windycorner said...

Jim,
Thanks so much for this. I linked to it on my blog and shared the Redeemer site with some friends.
love,
Holley